PeJay Lucky, Chairperson
The NAACP National Education Program strives to ensure that all students have access to an equal and high-quality public education by eliminating education-related racial and ethnic disparities in our public schools
NAACP National Education Program Goals:
Through advocacy training, policy development and guidance, building collaborative networks, and direct action, the National Education program works to assure an equitable start for all Americans.
The Committee on Education will:
1. Seek to eliminate segregation and other discriminatory practices in public education
2. Study local educational conditions affecting minority groups: drop out rate, school funding
3. Investigate the public school system and school zoning
4. Familiarize itself with textbook educational content and for racially derogatory material content.
5. Seek to stimulate school attendance
6. Keep informed of school conditions and strive to correct abuses where found
7. Investigate the effects of standardized and high stakes testing practices
8. Teacher certification
9. Promote parental involvement in education;
10. Aim to be a center of popular education on the race question and on the work of the Association; and
11. Monitor school board activity, and report to the Executive Committee.